|
|
|
Neosho Daily News - Neosho, MO
  • Officials: Smoke, no fire at Neosho Freeman Hospital Saturday

  • Freeman Neosho Hospital staff discovered smoke in an elevator equipment room at 4 p.m. Saturday.
    • email print
  • Freeman Neosho Hospital staff discovered smoke in an elevator equipment room at 4 p.m. Saturday.
    The incident caused no fire, according to Freeman officials. Instead, an electrical wiring malfunction resulted in smoke.
    According to a press release from Freeman Health System marketing department, 25 patients were quickly relocated to a safe area of the hospital while firefighters responded to the scene. At this time all clinical areas of the facility are functional.
    “Freeman Neosho Hospital holds monthly fire drills in preparation for such an incident,” said Renee Denton, Freeman Neosho administrative services director. “Because of these drills, our staff’s response was immediate and instinctual. We are proud of our staff and their concern for our patients’ safety.”

      • calendar