Hungry for some pancakes and want to help a worthy cause?
Well this Saturday, you will have that opportunity.
1. The event will be from 3-7 p.m. Saturday in the Neosho United Methodist Church’s downtown location in the basement. It is open to everyone.
2. The cost: $4 for adults and $3 for children. Tickets are available beforehand and during the event.
3. Proceeds go to support Boy Scout Troop 34. “The church has sponsored that troop for years,” said Roy Shaver, with the United Methodist Men. “It largely goes to charter the troop.”
4. Those who attend will enjoy pancakes, sausage, coffee and hot chocolate.
5. If you had to guess how many pancakes you make each year, what would that be? “They do a bunch of them. In fact, there was a time when they were eating them faster than we could cook them,” Shaver said.
6. The Boy Scouts will help serve the pancakes, which are cooked by the Methodist Men.
7. The event was once held in conjunction with the Fall Festival but was switched to the Neosho Christmas Parade, Shaver said. “We are very appreciative of the support that we have had over the past years,” he said. “We look forward to feeding the people.”
For more information, please call the Neosho United Methodist Church at 451-2310.