|
|
|
Neosho Daily News - Neosho, MO
  • Fire damages home

  • A mid-morning fire at 12499 Jute Road, outside of Neosho, was contained to the garage area.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A mid-morning fire at 12499 Jute Road, outside of Neosho, was contained to the garage area.
    "The fire was actually in the attic, above the garage," said Brad Morris, battalion chief with Neosho Fire Department. "Best we could come up with was, it was an electrical short. The fire started in the attic area and the fire stayed in the attic. The biggest damage believe it or not to the house was the fact that fire burnt a hole in the waterlines and the waterlines which kind of kept the fire small, also did a whole lot of flooding to the inside of the house."
    Morris said there was no one home at the time of the fire and that neighbors saw smoke coming out of the attic vents. The neighbors alerted the fire department. Along with Neosho, Neosho Area Fire, Redings Mill and Seneca Area Fire Protection District assisted in the call. The call came in at 10:25 a.m. and firefighters were on scene until 12:19 p.m.
    "The property owner's name is Christine Olson," Morris noted.

        calendar