Firefighters from the Neosho Area Fire Protection District responded to a Thursday night housefire at 11725 Gateway Dr., in Neosho.
The blaze was deemed accidental.
“It started in the basement, went up the wall and got into the floor joist,” Neosho Fire Chief Mike Eads said. “It burned out quite a few floor joists and, of course, caused smoke and water damage to the basement.”
The house belongs to Shane Lake and according to Eads, the family was home at the time of the fire.
“They were home and they were alerted by the smell,” Eads said.
Firefighters responded to the call at 11:51 p.m. Thursday.
Assistance was provided by the Redings Mill and Seneca Area Fire Protection Districts.
Eads noted that according to the fire report there was “about $75,000 in building and $10,000 in contents loss.”
No one was hurt, according to Eads.
The last truck was back in service by 2:50 a.m. Friday.