Publications and videos
Flood-related resources from MU Extension
University of Missouri Extension has an extensive collection of resources and links to help individuals, families and communities prepare for and recover from floods and other disasters. Go to www.extension.missouri.edu/flood.
Available for expert comment: Eric Evans, MU Extension community emergency management specialist, can answer reporters' questions on disaster readiness, response and recovery at the household, community and state level. Contact Evans at 573-999-4207 or EvansES@missouri.edu.
For the most recent flood-related information from MU Extension and partner agencies and organizations, go to www.facebook.com/MoFloodInfo.
(To access publications, use the links below or go extension.missouri.edu/publications/
and search by publication number.)
- MP904, Resources for Your Flooded Home
- EMW1001, Statewide Disaster Response/Recovery Contact List
- EMW1011, Family Disaster Plan - A template to guide families through the process of developing a comprehensive disaster plan.
- EMW1012, Disaster Supplies Kit - A downloadable guide to gathering the supplies your family will need if a disaster strikes.
- EMW1015, Sizing and Safety Tips for Standby Power Generators
- EMW1016, Generator Safety Concerns Video
- EMW1019, Tornado Season: Are You Ready?
- EMW1021, Taking Shelter From the Storm: Safe Rooms Video
- EMW1022, Financial Recovery and Risk Management
- G1905, Is Your Family Prepared for an Earthquake?
Source: Eric Evans, 573-999-4207 and Jim Jarman, 573-642-0755