Memorial Day is the time we remember others.
Memorial Day is the time we remember others. It is also an appropriate time to remember the unique blessings life holds for us. Donna Levine has prepared a list of 24 things to remember and one thing to never forget:
• Your presence is a present to the world.
• You're unique and one of a kind
• Your life can be what you want it to be
• Take the days just one at a time
• Count your blessings, not your troubles
• You'll make it through whatever comes along
• Within you are so many answers
• Understand, have courage, be strong
• Don't put limits on yourself
• So many dreams are waiting to be realized
• Decisions are too important to leave to chance
• Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize
• Nothing wastes more energy than worrying
• The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets
• Don't take things too seriously
• Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets
• Remember that a little love goes a long way
• Remember that a lot… goes forever
• Remember that friendship is a wise investment
• Life's treasurers are people… together
• Realize that it's never too late
• Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way
• Have health, hope and happiness
• Take the time to wish upon a star
And don't ever forget, for even a day, how very special you are.
Roy Shaver writes a weekly column for the Daily News.