A Wentworth man facing five counts of receiving stolen property made an appearance in Newton County Court last week and is scheduled to appear in court again in late November.

Garret B. Falls, 43, appeared in Newton County Court Wednesday, Oct. 23 for a hearing held before Newton County Judge Gregory Stremel.

Falls is set to be back in court for a pre-trial conference at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20.

Falls was arrested in mid-August, after authorities serving a search warrant at his residence due to unpaid child supported located several items believed to be stolen.

Authorities said stolen items seized included six flatbed trailers, a backhoe, two trucks, three motorcycles, several stolen firearms, chainsaws, welders, a boxed trailer and a drag race car.

• • •

A Neosho man facing felony rape charges is scheduled to be back in court tomorrow morning.

Robert A. Herrin, 34, is set to appear before Newton County Division II Associate Circuit Court Judge Gregory Stremel at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30.

Herrin is charged with forcible rape, an unclassified felony offense, and second-degree statutory rape, a Class C felony, stemming from an alleged May incident involving a 15-year-old girl. According to online court records, he also faces sexual abuse charges.

• • •

Tomico Shawnte Mims, 38, of Neosho, appeared in Newton County Court Monday morning for a pre-trial conference regarding two felony charges.

Mims is charged with forcible rape – sexual intercourse by forcible compulsion, an unclassified felony, and felonious restraint, a Class C felony.

Mims has plead not guilty to both charges.

He appeared before Newton County Judge Timothy Perigo Monday morning for a pre-trial conference, and is scheduled for another pre-trial conference at 9 a.m. Dec. 16.

Mims was charged following an alleged incident that was said to have occurred on July 23.

According to Neosho authorities, a 28-year-old female, who said she was in a "continuing social relationship" with Mims said she was sexually and physically abused by him in his home the morning of July 23.