In the regular meeting of the Neosho City Council on July 18, Fire Chief Mike Eads presented bids for new equipment for his staff.

In the regular meeting of the Neosho City Council on July 18, Fire Chief Mike Eads presented bids for new equipment for his staff.
The current personnel protective equipment now in use has reached its life expediency of five years and requires replacement. Six bids were sent out and five were returned. Eads recommended that the council approve the bid from Sentinel Emergency Solutions for pants, coats and bunker gear in the amount of $68, 49.81 for thirty complete sets.
"It's budgeted under capital expenses," Eads said. "And it's also under budget."
The council also approved a request for new helmets as well.  Eads recommended that the council approve the bid in the amount of $7,506.90 for thirty helmets.
Council members voted to approve both bids.  Eads also told the council that the fire department has received the new ISO rating which is 5/10.  A press release about it will be released in the new future with additional details.
Neosho Police Chief David Kennedy presented two grant requests to the council.  The first request was for a grant for emergency equipment funding through MIRMA, the insurance provider for the Neosho Police Department. MIRMA will provide 75% of funding, leaving 25% to be funded by the City of Neosho. The equipment to be purchases is tasers with cameras, security surveillance systems for the police department, and tire deflation devices. Last year the MIRMA grant awarded the police department with eight body cameras and one in-car video system.
The council approved the request.
Kennedy also requested permission for his department to apply for a LLEBG equipment grant.  Applications open on August 1, 2017. "We apply for this every year," Kennedy told the council. "It funds up to $9,999.99 and there is no local funds match.  It is a 100% grant.  In the past, we have been awarded safety equipment such as LED light bars, restraint cages, and weapons racks for patrol vehicles. This year, we are asking for more restraint cages."
The request was also approved by council members.