The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
• "(Texas A&M OT) Luke Joeckel has to get a lot stronger. He's the safest pick in the draft, but the system helps him out a lot there. They get the ball out so fast, and when they do have pressure, the guy (Johnny Manziel) just runs all over. When you factor (Joeckel's) movement and intangibles, though, it does not get much better."
• "I am not sold on (Syracuse QB) Ryan Nassib's arm strength. He has really short arms. He's not a great runner, but he is one of the better pure passers I have seen. He's better than Kirk Cousins."
• "(South Carolina RB) Marcus Lattimore is tall and a little narrow-hipped. He is tough and the kind of kid you root for, but I thought he was a third-rounder before the injury. Now I don't know if he gets drafted."
• "(Miami FB) Mike James is a big, heavy running back - not a fullback. He played fullback as a courtesy to the kid. He's not big or strong enough. He started at tailback but moved to fullback to keep on the field. He's too small for a fullback."
• "I was down on (San Diego State TE) Gavin Escobar as a blocker after watching the Boise game - he flashed and didn't work his feet. Then I ended up watching three more and thought he did a lot better. He's an interesting guy, especially with the way this league is trending."
• "(USC C) Khaled Holmes has very good size like Peter Konz did last year. It wouldn't surprise me if he were drafted to play guard. (Holmes) uses a lot of finesse. I thought he had some trouble snapping the ball in the games I saw. He didn't get it back very quick and some (defensive linemen) got on top of him."