Neosho Christian School is gearing up for their annual Labor of Love Auction on Saturday, this year, at a new location.

Neosho Christian School is gearing up for their annual Labor of Love Auction on Saturday, this year, at a new location.

The event will start at 5 p.m. and consist of a hog roast, silent and live auctions and will be held at Civic.

“The meal is free and there is no cost to come,” NCS superintendent Lowell McInturff said.

Donations are welcome.

“It is my understanding that (we) have had very good turnouts in the past,” he said. “We have moved form the Lampo (community center) to the Civic, we are hoping that the facilities will accommodate more people comfortably this year.”

The money raised goes o a good cause.

“Tuition only pays about 60 percent of our expenses,” he said. “So through donations and fundraisers, that is how we generate the other 40 percent and this is certainly one of the two large fundraisers. We are hoping this year to hit $35,000 which is an estimate of what our monthly cost are to keep the school open.”

Becky Cobb will be the auctioneer. Auction items include paintings, trips, gift baskets, quilts, holiday and home décor, foods, various gift certificates and much more.

Also, in the past, there have been some students auctioning off yard and farm labor.

Asked what he thinks of the public coming out and supporting the event, McInturff said, “my short experience here, the support has been phenomenal, people are almost coming out of the woodworks, wanting to help. The pre-kindergarten building, all donated either cash to buy the things or actually coming and working to do construction. There has been no out of pocket expense for the school.”

For more information on the Labor of Love, contact the school at 451-1941.

The event is open to the public.